The Beauty Of Thunder Storms

Just before the thunder storm touched down today I stepped outside and after tossing something in the trash bin I just stood and took in my surroundings. The hot misty air hinted that a storm was brewing and I was ready for it, though my heart goes out to those stuck outdoors for a variety of reasons who had to endure the downpour. As I stood I could hear what I would call common chattering birds, one larger bird and a pretty song bird. I could hear distant thunder rumbling which I have always found comforting. I know many people enjoy thunder storms their presence is so powerful. The rain scented winds pick up as sprinkles turn into light rain which turn into total roaring downpours. The strong rain scent when the winds pick up reminds me of going up north every year as a kid when random storms would sneak their way in, forcing everybody indoors. Once in awhile I will pull up nature sounds playlists just to listen to rain and thunder because they are relaxing, especially in the winter when I long for warmer weather. I don't see the beauty in the storm but I can hear and smell it and it hits the nature spot for awhile.

Comments

Popular Posts